Thursday, May 26, 2011

Make a Difference

Some of the things on my list make me super nervous. The list talks me into it but when I get to do what I'm supposed to be doing I find myself asking "Did I really volunteer to do this?" This next thing I completed on my list had me asking that question. No it wasn't skydiving but it still got my nerves going.

Angela and I tag teamed this one as well. When she heard her work was having a blood drive, we both decided to get on board. The timing couldn't have ended up being more perfect given current events of the devastating tornadoes in Joplin. I left work on my lunch break to meet up with her. You have to read some information in a binder then you go to a "private" area to go through the application process. I had to answer about 20 questions and have my finger pricked before getting blood drawn. The finger pricking is actually the most painful part. It feels like an electric shock. We both sucked it up though and did our part to Make a Difference. It was a good feeling!

Afterward I had a cookie and some juice and headed back to work. I made the mistake of walking three flights of stairs and almost fainted. Silly me! I think everyone should have something on their list that is for the greater good of helping others. I highly recommend it.




















1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I've thought about giving blood, but every time I've tried in the past they've come back and said I'm anemic. More iron for me, I guess. Glad you were able to suck it up and be brave!

    ReplyDelete