Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eat Indian Food

On the list: eat Indian food. It's always fun to try new cuisines. I've eaten a number of exotic fare in my days most of which was consumed on cruise ships. It's always easy to try new food when you know it's "free" and you can always hit the midnight buffet later.

Angela also had this one on her list so we made it a family affair. My manager Olivia loves Indian food and swears by India Palace. We each ordered something different from the menu so we could get a taste of everything. We ordered beef curry, chicken tikka masala, shrimp and lamb dishes. Kelly and I ordered the assorted hors d'oeuvers and I have to say I sort of felt transported back to San Juan. It was hard not to think of Dad with his corn fritter plate. All the hors d'oeuvers were fried vegetables. We had Indian beer and chai tea. I am NOT a fan of chai tea. We also tried Indian bread - garlic naan and spinach paratha. Overall everything tasted great. I've never seen less appealing food before though. This was a good one to check off the list but it will likely be a "been there and done that" one time event.
















No comments:

Post a Comment