Monday, June 15, 2009

#13 Make a New Recipe


Book club is off the ground and running, just not very fast. Tonight I am hosting book club meeting #2. We got together last month for our initial meeting to select the first book. Unfortunately for tonight, two members are sick and we are pretty certain two have bailed! Oh well. It might take some time to get a steady group together. Our first book, as mentioned before, is entitled “The Next Thing on My List.” In the book, the main character June gets in a car accident with another character Marissa. Marissa dies in the car accident and the last thing she is doing before she dies is giving June a copy of a Weight Watchers taco soup recipe. So in honor of our book, I prepared the taco soup recipe for book club tonight. (Along with an excellent recipe for margaritas I got from Mollie last week at Bunco). It’s an idiot proof recipe, unlike one of my items on my list which is to try out a Martha Stewart recipe. All I had to do was open a bunch of cans, mix, heat, serve and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment