Sunday, June 7, 2009

#9 Eat at Tulsa’s #1 Restaurant


I found it hard to believe that a pizza joint made the top restaurant in Tulsa out of 671 restaurants according to tripadvisor.com, but it did! Hideaway Pizza tops the chart of restaurants in Tulsa. They’ve been in business for 50 years so they must be doing something right! I can recall eating there once before years ago so I thought I needed to give it another go. This time, I wanted the full experience. I’m pretty sure last time I had them make me a pizza like I would get from Pizza Hut delivery. I ordered plain old pepperoni I think. This time, Kelly and I decided to have the “Paradise Pie” which included: Alfredo sauce covered with a blend of mozzarella and smoked provolone cheeses, grilled chicken breast strips, smoked bacon, fresh sliced mushrooms, fresh spinach and diced Roma tomatoes. It sounded amazing! We also ordered side salads and I got a glass of Chardonnay and Kelly got to try a beer brewed right here in Oklahoma (gotta support the local economy every chance we get). We got our pizza and I’m going to have to say I was underwhelmed. It was fairly good pizza but hey, I’ve had New York and Chicago pizza and Hideaway just has nothing on them. Maybe I just ordered the wrong pie but it was pretty under seasoned as far as just salt and pepper goes. It didn’t have the subtle flavors I was hoping for that are usually found when eating a white sauce and it definitely wasn’t rich like Alfredo sauce tends to be. It was a nice meal out, but I will only be returning when my husband insists because he quite likes Hideaway Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment