Sunday, May 31, 2009

#8 Go to a movie premier


Nothing was more exciting Saturday than anticipating going to my first movie premier! I’ve been doing a lot of research online checking out local events to complete things on my list. I came across an independent film screening party. How fun! I looked it up online and they even had a REALLY cool website for it. The whole movie was shot here in Tulsa. Like I said, I’m collecting celebrities in my pocket! (Don Corleone collected politicians in his pocket). I imagined a whole red carpet event, then immediately dismissed such a silly notion. On the website there was a link to purchase tickets to the showing. I went to do so at $7 per ticket only to find they were sold out! I was completely bummed but did not give up. The ad for the event I had seen was on craigslist so I decided to e-mail the person that posted the ad. Turned out to be the script supervisor. He was more than willing to help find me tickets. He knew someone who had bought four tickets and ended up only needing two. By the end of the day, I had FREE tickets! I think I was having the luckiest day ever with all these freebies. Kelly and I decided to get a little dressed up since we weren’t quite sure what to expect. The cast members ended up looking like they were going to the Oscars while everyone else was pretty much in jeans and t-shirts. The movie was a full length film and quite impressive. It was a Christian based film so a little preachy but overall pretty amazing. I give it 3 ½ stars. The only disappointment, no popcorn! Enjoy the trailer and spread the word. You can buy the movie online at http://www.findmethemovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment