Sunday, May 31, 2009

#6 Go to a book signing

I was so anxious to get started with my list that newfound opportunities seemed to be popping up everywhere! I managed to check three things off my list on Saturday alone. The first thing on my list wasn’t too exciting but I feel as if I probably made someone’s day while supporting my local community so that can’t be a bad thing! While scanning local events online, I ran across a book signing by a local author that was going to be held at a local bookstore. I’ve never been to a book signing before and I definitely have it on my list with us having recently starting a book club. Kelly and I showed up at Steve Sundry’s book store, one of the oldest family owned book stores in Tulsa, where there were maybe five people in the store. I saw the book I was looking for right when I walked in the door but didn’t see anything that appeared to be a book signing. I guess I imagined people waiting in line and that whole bit. I’ve seen too many movies! We walked around a bit and Kelly mentioned he actually had a book he wanted to see if they had. I was shocked because he doesn’t read! Anyway- he whispers in my ear a few minutes later that the author is in the back sitting at a table to sign books. I marched back there with my book and told him who I was and started chatting about the book. That alone is something list worthy! I usually get soooo nervous talking to people I don’t know. He told us his story about writing the book and I thanked and congratulated him and we purchased our books and headed on our merry way.

I was a little bummed because the original plan involved my sister coming with me. It would have been more appropriate because she’s actually in my book club and probably would have had more interest in it. Plus, we were going to eat some good ole fashioned food and shakes while we were there. Oh well, still turned out fine and let me tell you, I’m collecting local celebrities in my pocket! (And quotes from “The Godfather”!)



1 comment:

  1. I know, I know. I really wanted to go, but I was starting to forget what my husband looks like! Thanks for understanding and I'm glad you went anyway!

    ReplyDelete