Sunday, May 31, 2009

#5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday!


Part of my list is to watch all those movies that have famous quotes that are often heard in new movies, books, etc. I hate being ignorant when someone says something from a classic movie and I’m clueless. I pulled up one of those lists online that have the best movies of all time. I didn’t necessarily agree to their list completely so I decided to pick and choose from the list. I pulled about five movies from their list to start and added them to the TOP of my Netflix queue (which was hard to do because I’ve been dying to see the move “He’s Just Not That into You” which was just released not long ago). At the top of the queue, “The Godfather.” It made a lot of those lists number one pick so I figured it would be a good start. Plus, I was dying to know what it meant to “go to the mattresses”! I was skeptical about watching it because 1. It’s 2:55 long and 2.my girlfriends that have seen it said it was soooo boring! I went in with an open mind though and I have to say I can see why people think it’s such a good movie. I thought it was pretty entertaining even though there were some slow parts. It was funny to watch though without all the modern day graphics used in film making. Some of the fight scenes were pretty unrealistic. Besides that, I was pretty disappointed in the lack of use of the famous quotes. There were probably three times in the whole movie that I counted common-to-me quotes. The most shocking part was that the “Monday, Tuesday, Thursday” quote was said by a chick in the movie! I thought that was pretty cool. I found out that going to the mattresses meant that they needed actual mattresses for everyone to sleep on at one location during a time of war with another powerful family. I was overall very satisfied. Below is Kelly’s favorite quote from the movie.


"Now listen: I want somebody good -- and I mean very good -- to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hands, alright?"


No comments:

Post a Comment