Tuesday, May 26, 2009

#1 Start a Book Club



I've always had a short list of things I wanted to accomplish. I'm just as cliche as everyone else so yes, skydiving was on my list. Along with go to a big parade and the circus. That list was fine but now I'm ready to get serious. We all know life is too short and too boring most of the time. Starting a book club wasn't even my idea but it definitely became list worthy. It started when I realized I only had one lame selfish hobby, bunco group. My husband and I were constantly getting into arguments about how his hobby, golf, was taking up too much time. Instead of complaining, I decided to work on finding my own hobbies. Thus, book club was born. Yes, it's kinda nerdy but I'm into reading. I love the escape. I found 7 other girls to join and we have already held our first meeting. I had to push myself into a level of discomfort by having to host the first meeting. I'm not real big into public speaking even if there were only 7 women present. I managed though. Now I'm just hoping everyone shows up for the next meeting! We are currently reading the inspiring book, "The Next Thing on My List."

No comments:

Post a Comment