Tuesday, May 26, 2009

#2 Paint my fingernails and leave the polish on!


Not all things on my list are life-changing. This one for instance is something I have been trying to achieve for a longtime. Very trivial, yet I knew I needed to accomplish it. It was Friday afternoon for Memorial Day Weekend and we were heading out to the lake in a couple of hours. I had like always, put things off until the last minute always squeezing in too much stuff in too little time. I rushed from work over to my nail place. Unfortunately for me, everyone else had the same idea. It was packed! I waited about ten minutes and knew that making us late for the lake was too selfish. I told Mary I had to go and would come back later. They hate it when you get up and leave because they always need the business. I got home and pulled out a bottle of polish I got for "free" from purchasing a bunch of clothes from Forever 21. It was a pretty pink and would have to do. Knowing I would screw up, I grabbed the bottle of nail polish remover too. I don't even know what the deal is. How hard can it possibly be to paint fingernails? For some reason every time I have tried before, they never look good enough to me and after twenty minutes of working on them, I remove the polish and give up. I think working on my need to be “perfect” will also find its way onto this list! This time I knew if I wanted pretty girly nails, I would have to succeed. I think just putting my mind to it and promising myself success actually made it happen! My nails turned out quite great! I managed to only barely mess up one nail. As nails go though, they only looked great for one day which is probably why I shouldn’t be wasting money getting them done anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment