Sunday, May 31, 2009

#7 Go to an open house


Saturday morning Kelly and I got up and headed to a garage sale. We were out and about and ready to start the day. I’m not sure he realized what all I had planned! After the lame garage sale, we were cruising around listening to the radio and killing time before the book signing at 1 o’clock. I always hear on the weekend about local radio stations doing give-a-ways and what not and this weekend they were promoting a new neighborhood close to where I spent the first 20 years of my life. Go to an open house was on my list so I thought why not? We were already only a mile away from it so I headed that way curiously. We pulled up and I saw the KVOO radio van parked out front. There were quite a few people moseying around so we parked and got out. The radio station had a table setup in the driveway of one of the model homes. We signed up for a drawing and even got a free CD! I was thinking to myself, “why the heck do we not come get free stuff ALL the time?!?!?” We grabbed our free CD and headed into the first home where we were eagerly greeted by a realtor. That’s the reason I didn’t want to go to an open house. I hate being bothered by people like that and I feel bad at the same time leading them on to believe that we would be interested in buying one of their homes. Kelly’s like, “babe, we don’t buy new homes!” The houses were really quite nice considering new homes these days. They all have that cookie cutter look but the upgrades in these helped them to stand out. After looking around, they were begging us to eat free burgers. It just kept getting better and better! Free lunch too! Kelly grabbed what the guy said was “the best burger in town” and I settled for a hot dog. We ate up and continued on our Saturday journey. Anytime the radio says they are somewhere from now on, I’m there!

No comments:

Post a Comment