Monday, August 24, 2009

#18 Up, up and away!

I haven’t been to a balloon festival since I was really little. I saw on the events calendar that the annual Gatesway Balloon Festival would be coming up in August so I marked the calendar. I was worried Kelly and I wouldn’t be able to go because we were so busy working on the blue house. I asked my sister if she wanted to go, but they were already booked for the weekend. It ended up working out though. A couple of our friends invited us to go on Saturday night. Saturday night was going to be the most fun anyway because it was going to be glow balloons (a night time display of the hot air balloons glowing in the dark). We headed out for Claremore which was supposed to be a 30 minute drive. We couldn’t figure out which way we needed to go so it took as twice as long to get there. We were running late enough to miss the whole thing. When we finally arrived, we found out that we had missed nothing after all. It had been too windy and none of the balloons had taken flight. I was completely bummed. I’m not sure I can exactly check this one of my list just yet considering I didn’t get to see a single balloon go up in the air. Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment