Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Down and dirty

When I heard about the TATUR mud run a couple of years ago I knew that it was going on my list. When was the last time you got to play in the mud?! When I found out there was a costume contest, I was even more excited. We signed up as a team of five to complete the non-timed race: me, Kelly, Cheri, Jeff and Mollie. I had seen these fun costumes from the old nickelodeon show Double Dare and knew they would be perfect for the event. We would have a red team (me and Kelly) and a blue team (Cheri and Jeff) and our referee (Mollie). Cheri and I got together and created some pretty awesome outfits and waited around for race day to come.

Unfortunately, Mollie was unable to participate at the last minute. Luckily, Sam agreed to sub-in. We suited up race day and prepared ourselves for the challenge ahead. We really had no idea what we had signed up for. It was a sweltering summer day. The first part of the race consisted of running, followed by a slide, tire obstacles, and more grueling components. It felt never ending at one point but we persevered and completed the race in the middle of the pack. Did we win the costume contest? Of course we did! And Cheri even got her picture in the Tulsa World. It was a fun time and I'm glad to check it off my list!









No comments:

Post a Comment