Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gobble, gobble

I'm not a big fan of change and I'm a huge advocate for keeping traditions. I'm an "if it's not broke, why fix it?" kind of gal. That brings us to the next thing on my list: cook with my mom for Thanksgiving. Being the baby of the family means I may never be solely responsible for Thanksgiving dinner, but I found it important to know how to make my mom's delicious meal. I've always admired and loved her simple homemade cooking. The older I get, the more precious time is and I would hate to miss the opportunity to learn all her secrets.

I stayed over the night before Thanksgiving to get started on the prep for the next day. We got up bright and early Thanksgiving morning and got to cooking. We prepared a feast! Turkey and dressing (I stuffed the butt stuffing), green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, coleslaw and a ton of tummy desserts. We got in some quality time together and both decided it would make a great annual tradition.; and I might just have to test my newly learned knowledge and cook a Thanksgiving in July meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment